Lilly + Dylan | Family Photography | Bluebell Woods, Essex

• Bluebell Woods Family Photography in Essex

This shoot was was TOP SECRET as the resulting photos were to be a gift for Lilly and Dylan’s mum. So under the guise of going shopping, Nick (dad) managed to sneak the kids out to meet me in some beautiful bluebell woods near Gusted Hall in Hockley, Essex.

As I hope you can see, I’m not very traditional when it comes to family photography. You won’t find white backgrounds and forced smiles in a sterile studio with my work. I like to get outside and have fun with a family, capturing their characters and relationships naturally. Most importantly, I want to capture what it means to be a child, carefree, full of adventure with an appetite to explore.Β The time I spent with Nick, Lilly and Dylan was a huge amount of fun and hopefully that comes across in the photos.

Bluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in EssexBluebell Woods Family Photography in Essex

For more information and pricing for my family shoots click here or drop me an email to enquire about availability.
Find me on Google+

16 Comments

1. Bob Owen 4 October 2013 at 9:01 pm - Reply

smashing set Matt, particularly like the way you put together a few triptychs πŸ™‚

2. Kathryn Andrews 5 October 2013 at 1:08 pm - Reply

Gorgeous photos Matt! Absolutely stunning! Love the depth of field in the first two photos. They must be thrilled with these πŸ™‚

3. Linus Moran 7 October 2013 at 12:16 pm - Reply

Lovely family photography bursting with energy and colour. Bluebells & buttercups and the joy of spring. Bet they are delighted with these Matt!

4. Graham Nixon 7 October 2013 at 5:46 pm - Reply

Love this! I haven’t done family shoots for a few years now, too exhausting but seeing this has made me want to get right back into it. Excellent work!

5. Mary Sylvia 8 October 2013 at 7:05 am - Reply

LOVE the black and white shot of the little boy running through the woods, so perfect.

6. heather nan 8 October 2013 at 7:15 am - Reply

So fun and free… Incredible energy and realness from the session. Well done.

7. Darren Gair 8 October 2013 at 8:29 am - Reply

Lovely natural session Matt, Mom will be chuffed.

8. Rachael 8 October 2013 at 9:02 am - Reply

These are gorgeous, such great images and lovely light.

9. tim 8 October 2013 at 12:09 pm - Reply

loads of fun. those buttercup portrait rock

10. Dominique / York Place Studios 8 October 2013 at 3:21 pm - Reply

Very sweet Matt, love the energy and the colours. The ones of the children lying on the grass are awesome!

11. Elissa 8 October 2013 at 5:43 pm - Reply

Such cute, carefree children! They look so natural and happy πŸ™‚ Great session!

12. Erin Lassahn 8 October 2013 at 6:28 pm - Reply

Beautiful session…what an awesome location you found! Love that you let the kids run free and be themselves!

13. Caryn 8 October 2013 at 6:52 pm - Reply

This looks like they had a blast!! Love all of this!

14. Avelaine S 8 October 2013 at 7:20 pm - Reply

I love it! Kids can be the hardest to photograph but they are also the best when you nail it. And you nailed it! Wonderful happy joyous expressions.

15. Ross Harvey 8 October 2013 at 9:08 pm - Reply

Great fun! Love the B&W running shot πŸ™‚

16. Laura {Babb Photo} 9 October 2013 at 8:24 pm - Reply

These are amazing. Beautiful colours and they have a brilliant energy.