Essex Wedding Photographer | 2013 Retrospective

Essex Wedding Photography 2013

I’m not sure I can really put into words how amazing 2013 has been for me. It started with moving to the family home we have wanted for years and finishes with the future looking brighter than ever. I’ve photographed weddings and families for some fantastic people and broadened my horizons to shoot personal work such as street and travel photography. I really feel like I have established a photographic style and shooting that personal work has been a big part of that.Β Being part of this industry gets better every day. I’ve had the opportunity to meet and spend time with some incredibly talented photographers this year and every single one of them has been welcoming and generous with their time of knowledge.

A huge thank you to all of my clients who have trusted me to capture their memories, I’ve loved having the opportunity to work with every single one of you. You rocked.

I also have to thank my family for all of their support. My two kids are the reason I started taking photographs seriously and are a constant inspiration, they make me laugh every day. To my wife Tonia who keeps everything in check when I’m galavanting around taking photographs and supports me throughout. Last but certainly not least I think both Tonia and I would like to thank our families for helping out with the kids when we’re both working, we really couldn’t do it without you and we appreciate it so much.

So this is my year in review, a selection of my favourites from the thousands of photos I’ve taken. Enjoy.Β Here’s to 2014, if it’s half as good as 2013 it’s going to be huge.

Essex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerVenice Travel PhotographyEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerVenice Street PhotographyEssex Portrait PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Portrait PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerVenice Travel PhotographyEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding Photographer50s style wedding dressEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerVenice Travel PhotographyEssex Family PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Documentary PhotographerEssex Portrait PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerDocumentary Wedding PhotographyVintage Style Wedding DressEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerWedding shoesEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerThe River Thames at SunsetEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Engagement PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Family PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerEssex Portrait PhotographerEssex Wedding PhotographerOld Leigh Sunset

Find me on Google+

24 Comments

1. Anushe Low 29 December 2013 at 5:13 pm - Reply

Wow what a year Matthew!! So very awesome! πŸ™‚

2. Adam 29 December 2013 at 7:24 pm - Reply

Fantastic collection!! Way cool!

3. Adam Riley 29 December 2013 at 7:44 pm - Reply

A great 2013 round up Matt, its really been a brilliant year for you, cant wait to see more of your work in 2014! πŸ™‚

4. Alan Law 29 December 2013 at 9:26 pm - Reply

A fantastic year’s work, Matt! Love the braces capture, and the one of the woman looking at the back of the dress being fitted. The heads together, twelfth from bottom is a real personal fave of mine; love it.

5. Tim Kelly 30 December 2013 at 12:27 am - Reply

What a stunning looking year! I really love all the amazing expressions you capture. Looking forward to seeing your 2014 work.

6. Justin 30 December 2013 at 6:32 am - Reply

It seems that you had an amazing year! Beautiful shots!

7. Mathias Cederholm 30 December 2013 at 7:18 am - Reply

Such a great year, here’s to another great one!

8. Kathryn Andrews 30 December 2013 at 8:42 am - Reply

Some great memories captured here! Looks like they all had a lot of in on your shoots – my favourites are probably the bride and groom by the lake and the couple stood under the arch of fairy lights. Here’s to a great 2014!

9. Tony Fanning 30 December 2013 at 8:46 am - Reply

Lovely work. Creative and personal. Great stuff!

10. Sam Gibson 30 December 2013 at 9:45 am - Reply

Lovely work matt – looks like you had a great year πŸ˜€ Hope next year is even better!

11. Alex Wilson 30 December 2013 at 10:00 am - Reply

Looks like you’ve had a fantastic year Matt – really great collection here! 2nd image is a personal favourite – really lovely light, and I really like your off camera flash work too. Great stuff πŸ™‚

12. Helen Lisk 30 December 2013 at 10:02 am - Reply

Lovely images Matt! I absolutely love the high key bride (right of frame), just gorgeous πŸ™‚

13. Rima 30 December 2013 at 10:05 am - Reply

What a fab 2013! And here’s to a fab 2014!!

14. Mandy 30 December 2013 at 3:59 pm - Reply

Some truly AMAZING photos in this set Matt. I can tell by your images you had a stunning year! Great work.

15. Lucy Turnbull 30 December 2013 at 4:02 pm - Reply

Wow! Great year and some fab images. πŸ™‚

16. Natalie 30 December 2013 at 4:32 pm - Reply

This year was incredible for you! Beautiful work and cheers to a wonderful 2014!

17. Veronica Varos 30 December 2013 at 4:39 pm - Reply

You’ve had such a fun year! Here’s to another! πŸ™‚

18. Laura Babb 30 December 2013 at 6:46 pm - Reply

An awesome year. I especially love the 3rd and 4th images in and that shot with the seagull is brilliant. It’s been nice to meet you in 2013 and I’ll look forward to seeing what 2014 has in store for you. HIGH FIVE.

19. Tim Riddick 31 December 2013 at 4:33 am - Reply

Geez so many great images but the double exposure is so dope! great job!

20. Tomasz Wagner 31 December 2013 at 4:40 am - Reply

Good to hear you’re shooting personal work alongside your professional – it’s so important (at least, I think I’m all the better for it, ha). Really loving the mood and simplicity of image 4 (couple and their reflection on the beach) and the image of the giraffe (stellar use of light)!

21. Lyndsey Goddard 31 December 2013 at 9:00 am - Reply

A great round up Matt, there’s a lot of humour in many of your subjects and compositions which I love.

22. Shahed 31 December 2013 at 10:43 am - Reply

Some incredible moments- your sunset shots are superb!!

23. Kat Forsyth 31 December 2013 at 5:41 pm - Reply

Lovely stuff! Great moments and beautiful pieces of art. Here’s to 2014!

24. paul von rieter 2 January 2014 at 12:13 am - Reply

Fantastic work. Seriously cant wait to see your 2014 stuff!