Southend Pre-Wedding Shoot | Sonya + Lee

• Southend Pre-Wedding Shoot

Pre-Wedding Engagement Shoot in Southend

Southend-on-Sea is pretty much home to me. I grew up in Rayleigh just a few miles away and visited the beach regularly as a child. When I met my wife we lived together in a flat on the seafront and saw the sea every single day. I love the sea. But whilst the beach and the seafront is what Southend is known for, there’s more to the town than you initially might think. In recent years modern and bold architecture has started to blend with the old victorian brickwork in the town. And this is side of Southend I wanted to use for Sonya and Lee’s pre-wedding engagement shoot.

Sonya and Lee were absolutely awesome to photograph, it was a fun and relaxed morning. Hearing more about their wedding plans was exciting. To say I can’t wait for their wedding is an understatement. I just know it’s going to be amazing. Here are a few of my favourites from their shoot.

Southend Pre-Wedding ShootPre-Wedding Engagement Shoot in SouthendPre-Wedding Engagement Shoot in SouthendPre-Wedding Engagement Shoot in SouthendPre-Wedding Engagement Shoot in SouthendPre-Wedding Engagement Shoot in SouthendSouthend Pre-Wedding ShootPre-Wedding Engagement Shoot in SouthendSouthend Pre-Wedding ShootPre-Wedding Engagement Shoot in Southend

Click here to see more of my engagement photography and find me on Google+

19 Comments

1. Alan Law 13 February 2014 at 10:00 am - Reply

Beautiful stuff dude! I particularly LOVE the second shot (1st after text) of Sonya laughing in the background with Lee grinning in the fore – pure gold.

2. Dominique / York Place Studios 14 February 2014 at 12:07 am - Reply

Really inventive stuff there buddy 🙂 and I have to agree with Alan that frame is awesome!

3. Mercedes 14 February 2014 at 12:13 am - Reply

You have a really fun couple to work with here! You really incorporated the environment in their portraits. I love that.

4. Lyn Ismael 14 February 2014 at 3:17 am - Reply

This was such a fun session. Those jumping shots are cool!

5. Caryn Canatella 14 February 2014 at 5:23 am - Reply

Oh my goodness! These made me so happy just to look at! Great work!

6. Karen - SmashingTheGlass.com 14 February 2014 at 9:03 am - Reply

What a daringly different set of engagement photos. Each one looks like it could be hung in the Tate Modern.

Love your work Matthew. Have you shot any unusual or creative Jewish weddings? I’d love to feature your work on my blog if you have…

7. Damian Burcher 14 February 2014 at 10:16 am - Reply

Some great shots there. Hard to pick a favourite, Like the shadows of the railings but really love the low perspective with the double yellow lines.

8. Luke Hayden 14 February 2014 at 3:26 pm - Reply

I always love your e-sessions Matt!

9. Jessie 14 February 2014 at 6:20 pm - Reply

That black and white picture with the sunfalre! So beautiful!

10. Anton Chia 15 February 2014 at 1:04 am - Reply

Love the jump shots. Lotsa fun!

11. Paul Krol 15 February 2014 at 2:03 am - Reply

I see you had your creativity hat on for this session. Great stuff!

12. Jessica Schilling 16 February 2014 at 8:13 pm - Reply

So good! Love your unique compositions and use of light and shadows!

13. Jane Haglund 16 February 2014 at 11:10 pm - Reply

What a fun and inspiring session, truly unique! Great work with shapes, composition, colors and emotions!!

14. Laura Babb 17 February 2014 at 11:27 am - Reply

Brilliant. I love the jumping shots and your use of architecture.

15. Nu Bride 17 February 2014 at 4:14 pm - Reply

Oh the shot with the seagulls did it for me. Lovely to see an engagment session in a different setting. Goregous couple. Gorgeous work. 🙂 Nova x

16. Veronica Varos 17 February 2014 at 4:37 pm - Reply

haha! So much laughter and fun in this shoot. Awesome clients and awesome work!

17. kong wai 17 February 2014 at 5:18 pm - Reply

Great. Creative and fun

18. Nathalie - ButtercupBus Photobooth 18 February 2014 at 8:12 am - Reply

Those jumping shots are fab – what a fun looking shoot!

19. Amanda Berube 23 February 2014 at 3:52 am - Reply

Very fun and creative! This couple looks amazing. Beautiful job!!